Pages

Monday 28 April 2014

Buffalo Chicken Bites

The weather here in Calgary just loves to play tricks on us, one day it is sunny and +15 and the next morning we wake up to an inch of snow and -1; it makes it difficult to plan meals ahead which I like to do! But I don’t want to be making hot soup on a hot day, or a cold salad when it’s snowing out; but what are you going to do.. When you can’t control the weather but you really have a craving for Buffalo Chicken Bites you might just have to eat them on a sunny Spring day!





I was never a big fan of spicy food growing up, in fact I probably was one of the biggest spice wimps that was ever around! I’d cringe at the thought of hot sauce and refuse to eat anything with the slightest heat; but all that changed when Sean and I got together – he opened my eyes to the wonderful world of spicy food and now I couldn't love it more. We are always adding Frank’s Red Hot sauce, Srirachi or Tabasco to our meals to find the perfect level of spice; and the more I add, the higher my tolerance rises. So when I found a big bottle of franks red hot sauce and chicken breasts on sale I just knew that buffalo chicken was in our near future.

Buffalo Chicken Bites

This spicy chicken is perfect for a cool spring night; it will make your taste buds sing and your face flush! Just make sure you have a nice, light side and a tall glass of water and you’ll be sure to have a delicious dinner feast!

Time:

Prep Time: 5 minutes // Cook Time: 35 – 45 minutes // Yields: 4 servings

Ingredients:

1.       1/4 cup brown sugar
2.       3/4 cup Franks Red Hot sauce
3.       1 TBSP rice wine vinegar
4.       1TBSP garlic powder or flakes
5.       Salt and pepper to taste
6.       5 chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into bite size chunks

Directions:
1.       In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly whisk together brown sugar, Franks Red Hot sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic powder and salt and pepper (if wanted)
2.       Season chicken with salt and pepper, then add to the sauce and mix well (you can let the chicken marinade for as long as you want to really enhance the flavours, I like to prepare my chicken in the morning and let it marinate in the fridge all day)
3.       Lightly grease an 8x8 pan and add chicken and sauce to it, bake uncovered for 35 – 45 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked, the sauce will be quite liquidy
4.       Serve with rice or quinoa and veggies; or if there is anything else you prefer, serve it with that! This dish will go with most any side J


Emily.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your opinions, or what you think would be great in/with my recipes! Leave a comment!