Pages

Sunday 13 April 2014

Hi-Low Grey Strips with Emerald Blazer


I am so tired of boots. And bulky coats. And knit tights. And.. ect, ect. .. Basically.. WINTER CLOTHES!! So you can imagine my joy at an entire 5 days of warm sunshine and cool spring breezes. It seems that spring has finally landed in Calgary (although I’m surely expecting another snowfall!!) and I’ve been lucky enough to get in TWO spring dresses this week.  I am revelling in the warmth of the sunshine and the cool breeze on my skin; it’s wonderful to be able to enjoy a walk on my lunch break without being wrapped from head to toe. Seriously, it’s been a cold winter. But that’s all behind me now, bring on the sunshine!
  

Today I opted for a more business-casual look, it was a bit cooler then the past week and I wanted to be sure I had a light jacket. I love this grey-striped Hi-Low dress, I've had it for a couple years (it was a steal of a deal from Winners for a whopping $16.99) and I've been able to be creative and pair it with many different shoes, jackets, sweaters and jewellery. Today I went simple with my favourite Emerald Green blazer (from Suzy Shier) for a sleek office look.





I always find a pop of colour on a plain outfit can really brighten up your look, and it’s very keeping with the change of season. I decided to go simple with me jewellery for this outfit. I wore my sparkly black hoops earrings (from Walmart) that Sean bought me for our anniversary, and a long necklace. Also, I did wear a pair of simple black heels, but didn't snap a picture! Sorry! I hope you are inspired to add a pop of colour to your next outfit; I know as well as the next girl that it can be hard to break away from black.. but a pop of colour will brighten your day!

Emily.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your opinions, or what you think would be great in/with my recipes! Leave a comment!