Pages

Tuesday 8 April 2014

Pink 'n Delicious Morning Smoothie!

So last month for my birthday Sean got me a Magic Bullet, and I'm here to tell you that little machine is super handy in my morning routine! I've used it every day! And it is so versatile, I can use it for smoothies, dressings, sauces, making oat flour, I could go on and on!.. but I won't. But seriously, I love this little guy so much, I don't know how I got along without him!

My favourite way to start the day is with a fresh, fruity smoothie, but I often find that it doesn't give me the protein that I need to get that "start-the-day" boost.. so I've been experimenting. And I'm happy to say, I've found something I love! the Strawberry-Banana-Coconut-Oatmeal smoothie. Wow, that's a mouthful to say.. and this beauty if a mouthful to drink/eat. The oatmeal gives it enough volume to be a meal worthy of mornings and the natural sugars in the fruit help wake me up. Plus I add no-fat Greek yogurt for added protein. I pop it on the base, and 15 seconds later I have my breakfast of champions. Then I have to rush out the door because I'm usually late for the bus!


Protein Packed 'Pink n Delicious' Morning Smoothie
Ingredients:
1/3 cup oats
1 TBSP shredded un-sweetened coconut
1/2 banana
2 TBSP no-fat Greek yogurt(I used liberte here)
frozen strawberries
coconut milk

Directions:
1. add coconut and oats to the Bullet cup and blend until a fine powder (about 8 seconds)
2. add 1/3 cup almond milk and stir with a spoon to smooth it out
3. add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and fill up with coconut milk
4. blend to smooth, creamy perfection and enjoy!

Emily.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your opinions, or what you think would be great in/with my recipes! Leave a comment!