Pages

Friday 23 May 2014

Creamy Garlic & Parmesan Rice

For reasons unbeknownst to me, we seem to eat a lot of rice with our dinners. Maybe it’s because I love the taste of it, and it goes well with most of the dishes I make. Don’t get me wrong, I mix up our grains, sometimes I’ll make a creamy polenta or quinoa, but a lot of the time its brown rice. I prefer the taste over white rice, unless you’re making my coconut rice, but lately I’ve been feeling more adventurous with my rice sides, that’s how I came up with the idea for this Creamy Garlic & Parmesan Rice.


 [Cook the garlic until fragrant and slightly coloured]
 [pour in the milk, water and salt and stir well]


I already had the idea for a garlic parmesan rice dish, but wanted to make sure I had a base idea in case I failed miserably in my own creation so I searched on the all-knowing Pinterest, and low-and-behold after searching “rice” I came across a recipe that reflected my feelings! I did alter it slightly though, to suit my own taste and needs!

[Mix in all that cheese, parsley and spices until fully melted]

Creamy Garlic & Parmesan Rice

Time:
Prep Time: 5 minutes // Cook Time: 50 - 55 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 cup uncooked brown rice, rinsed
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1/2 tsp roasted garlic flakes or garlic powder
  • Pinch of Salt
  • Pepper to taste
  • 2 TBSP Parsley, and more to garnish (optional)


Directions:

  • In a medium sauce pan, heat oil over low-medium heat, add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes; add rice and stir until mixed with garlic.
  • Turn heat to medium-high, add milk and water and then bring to a low boil; stir well, cover and reduce heat to low; let simmer 45 – 50 minutes or until rice is fully cooked, stirring occasionally. When cooked, fluff with a fork and let stand for 5 minutes.
  • **do not stir rice too often, just enough to not let it burn on the bottom.
  • Stir in parmesan cheese, roasted garlic flakes, parsley and pepper until cheese is melted and all ingredients are well combined.
  • Top with more parsley, if desired.


*Note – If you use white rice, adjust cooking time according to package instructions


Recipe adapted from: http://www.bloglovin.com/viewer?blog=4923175&post=2445501825

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your opinions, or what you think would be great in/with my recipes! Leave a comment!