Pages

Thursday 12 June 2014

Honey Garlic Pork Chops

I’m forever on the hunt for pork recipes, as Sean loves it so much but it gets boring just frying a pork chop with rice and salad; through my searches I came across a recipe for honey garlic chicken and I thought, “Well now, I can make that with my pork chops!” And I am so glad I did, these pork chops were delicious! Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, all slathered in a sweet, garlicky sauce.. and the best part, they are so healthy for you!




 There are no artificial flavours here; it’s all natural from the fresh garlic! If you are like me and you have “good honey” (for morning tea) and “cheap honey” (for baking) I would advise using your good honey on this one, it will be worth it, trust me.






Honey Garlic Pork Chops
A delicious blend of sweet, salty flavours drizzled over a spiced crunchy pork chop! It’s so quick and easy, you’ll be

Time:
Prep time: 5 minutes // cook time: 20 – 25 minutes // Yields: 4 servings

Ingredients:
4 pork chops
1/2 cup flour
1 TBSP ground ginger
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne
salt & pepper
1 egg
3 TBSP water
2 TBSP olive oil, divided

1/2 c. honey
1/4 c. soy sauce
5 cloves garlic, minced

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°, and set a shallow oven-safe pan into the pre-heating oven.
In a shallow dish or bowl, sift together flour, ginger, nutmeg, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne and pepper; set aside. In a separate bowl, create an egg wash by whisking together egg and water; set aside.
Season pork chops with salt and pepper then, working one at a time, dredge in flour mixture, then dip into the egg wash and dredge again in the flour mixture, pressing to get a nice coating.
Heat 1 TBSP oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, when hot; add the chops to the pan and cook, until crispy and golden, about 5 minutes each side. Transfer chops from the frying pan to hot baking pan and place in oven for an additional 5 – 10 minutes, or until chops are fully cooked through with no pink in the middle.

While the chops are baking, heat 1 TBSP olive oil in a small sauce pot and add garlic, cooking until fragrant, about 1 minutes. Add honey and soy sauce to the pot, whisking until smooth and bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce heat and let simmer 5 – 10 minutes, until the sauce is slightly thickened.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your opinions, or what you think would be great in/with my recipes! Leave a comment!